The Quaker Tapestry is committed to safeguarding your privacy online.
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you
2. What cookies are and how they are used
3. Who is collecting the information?
4. How the information is used
5. With whom the information may be shared
6. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of your information?
7. What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information?
8. What else you should know about your online privacy
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you?
Quaker Tapestry collects information in a variety of ways from different parts of the service. Some information is gathered when you register. During registration to the mailing list, Quaker Tapestry asks for your name, email address, address. If you contact Quaker Tapestry, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- What are cookies and how are they used?
Read our full cookies policy.
- Who is collecting the information?
When you are on Quaker Tapestry website and are asked for personal information by Quaker Tapestry, you are sharing that information with Quaker Tapestry alone, unless it is specifically stated otherwise. Please be aware that web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those web sites.
- How is the information used?
Quaker Tapestry’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the member, with a customised experience. By knowing a little bit about you, Quaker Tapestry is able to deliver more relevant content and, hence, a better service to you. Quaker Tapestry also does research on our member’s demographics, interests and behaviour based on the information provided to us upon registration to the mailing lists, from our server logs or from surveys. We do this to better understand our users. This research is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. Quaker Tapestry do not share this data with advertisers or other businesses.
- With whom the information may be shared?
As a general rule, Quaker Tapestry will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. From time to time, Quaker Tapestry may use third parties to collect or distribute information to you and other members. Quaker Tapestry will protect confidentiality and security of that information, and not allow such third parties to use that information other than in connection with the provisions of the Service. Quaker Tapestry may preserve Content and may disclose Content to any third party if required to do so by law or in good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is necessary to:
a) comply with legal process
b) enforce the Terms of Service
c) respond to claims that any Content violated the rights of third parties
d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Quaker Tapestry, its members and the public
- What are the choices available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of your information?
If you do not wish to receive our mailings, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included on all communications. You also have choices regarding cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, you will be unable to use the parts of the Quaker Tapestry service that required registration in order to participate. Quaker Tapestry does not sell or rent user information to anyone.
- What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information?
Remember to log off your computer or close your browser window when you have finished your work to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Quaker Tapestry cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- What else should I know about my privacy?