Robin Embroidery Kit
This kit contains the materials you need to make the picture of this Robin, with easy to follow guidelines, thread colour guide, photographs and ‘top tips’ from Bridget, the designer.
You will also need to purchase the Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide Book which will explain the process of pattern transfer and give you step-by-step instructions of each stitch.
A note from Bridget, the designer:
“I was inspired to create this design at Christmas – there were so many cards that featured little robins in one form or another – drawings, paintings and photographs… and they all had snow of course. I found a photograph of this lively little robin which captures the movement perfectly and I used that as my starting point. The branch was inspired by the wonderful tree trunk on the final embroidery in the Quaker Tapestry – World Family of Friends. You can omit the snow if you wish and make the picture fit whatever season you like!”
Fabric size 330mm x 330mm, embroidered image size H180mm x W159mm
- 2 x ‘crewel’ needles.
- 13 coloured skeins of Appleton’s 3-ply crewel embroidery wool thread and colour guide.
- Quaker Tapestry woollen cloth
- Calico backing cloth.
- The ‘cartoon’ or outline design.
- Greaseproof paper.
Other items needed to complete the kit
- Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide book with step-by-step instructions for the stitches and techniques.
- Hot Iron Transfer Pencil.
- A seat frame with a 250mm (10inch) hoop or similar frame to hold the work in progress.
- Pair of scissors, a good light and some relaxation time.
This kit is suitable for an experienced embroiderer
Did you know – our embroidery workshops make ideal gifts for budding stitchers or absolute beginners.
Buying lovely things from us directly supports our charitable work, thank you
Your purchase helps us to preserve and exhibit one of the world’s largest community embroideries and in sharing its stories, history and stitches for all to enjoy