Robin Embroidery Kit
This Robin Embroidery Kit contains the materials you need to make the picture of this Robin, with easy to follow guidelines, thread colour guide, photographs and ‘top tips’ from Bridget, the designer. You will also need to purchase the Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide Book which will explain the process of pattern transfer and give you step-by-step instructions of each stitch.
Fabric size 330mm x 330mm, embroidered image size H180mm x W159mm
- 2 x ‘crewel’ needles.
- 13 coloured skeins British made Appleton’s crewel embroidery wool thread.
- Quaker Tapestry woollen cloth Britain made.
- Calico backing cloth.
- The ‘cartoon’ or outline design.
- Greaseproof paper.
- Hot Iron Transfer Pencil.
Other items needed to complete the kit
- Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide book with step-by-step instructions for the stitches and techniques.
- A seat frame with a 250mm (10inch) hoop or similar frame to hold the work in progress.
- Pair of scissors, a good light and some relaxation time.
A note from Bridget, the designer:
I was inspired to create this design at Christmas – there were so many cards that featured little robins in one form or another – drawings, paintings and photographs… and they all had snow of course. I found a photograph of this lively little robin which captures the movement perfectly and I used that as my starting point. The branch was inspired by the wonderful tree trunk on the final panel of the Quaker Tapestry – World Family of Friends. You can omit the snow if you wish and make the picture fit whatever season you like!
This is not a beginner’s kit, but would be suitable for those who have completed one of our Quaker Tapestry kits.