Marriage Embroidery Kit
This kit contains the materials you need to make the embroidery picture ‘Marriage’, with guidelines, thread colour guide, photograph and ‘tips’ from Bridget, the designer.
You will also need to purchase the Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide Book which will explain the process of pattern transfer and give you step-by-step instructions of each stitch.
A note from Bridget, the designer:
“I really enjoyed sewing this kit. It reminded me of the childhood game of dressing cardboard people in paper clothes with tabs that folded over at the shoulders to hold the clothes in place. If you compare this design with that on the real Quaker Tapestry panel, you can see how I have changed their clothes very slightly. You could also design your own wedding couple – perhaps there’s a friend or family wedding, civil partnership or anniversary, coming up that you could celebrate!”
Fabric size 330mm x 330mm, embroidered image size H182mm x W110mm
- 2 x ‘crewel’ needles.
- 13 coloured skeins British made Appleton’s crewel embroidery wool thread.
- Quaker Tapestry woollen cloth.
- Calico backing cloth.
- The ‘cartoon’ or outline design.
- Greaseproof paper.
- Hot Iron Transfer Pencil.
Other items needed to complete the kit
- Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide book with step-by-step instructions for the stitches and techniques.
- A seat frame with a 250mm (10inch) hoop or similar frame to hold the work in progress.
- Pair of scissors, a good light and some relaxation time.
This is a beginner’s embroidery kit.
Did you know – our embroidery workshops make ideal gifts for budding stitchers or absolute beginners.
Buying lovely things from us directly supports our charitable work, thank you
Your purchase helps us to preserve and exhibit one of the world’s largest community embroideries and in sharing its stories, history and stitches for all to enjoy.