Gardener Embroidery Kit
This Gardener Embroidery Kit contains the materials you need to make the embroidery picture of the ‘Gardener’, with easy to follow guidelines, thread colour guide, photographs and ‘top tips’ from Bridget, the designer. You will also need to purchase the Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide Book which will explain the process of pattern transfer and give you step-by-step instructions of each stitch.
Fabric size 330mm x 330mm, embroidered image size H170mm x W190mm
- 2 x ‘crewel’ needles.
- 13 coloured skeins British made Appleton’s crewel embroidery wool thread.
- Quaker Tapestry woollen cloth Britain made.
- Calico backing cloth.
- The ‘cartoon’ or outline design.
- Greaseproof paper.
- Hot Iron Transfer Pencil.
Other items needed to complete the kit
- Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide book with step-by-step instructions for the stitches and techniques.
- A seat frame with a 250mm (10inch) hoop or similar frame to hold the work in progress.
- Pair of scissors, a good light and some relaxation time.
A note from Bridget, the designer:
This design was inspired by the gardener that appears on the Quaker Tapestry panel D11, Industrial Welfare, which shows a typical Cadbury garden village house in Bournville. The original garden on the panel shows a fruit tree in early spring but in my garden I have a summer scene. I have chosen to embroider a Rowan tree because they grow wild in Cumbria where the Tapestry exhibition lives. You can use your own imagination and create your own garden with your favourite vegetables or flowers if you wish.
This is a beginner’s embroidery kit.