Butterfly Embroidery Kit
This Butterfly kit contains the materials you need to make this embroidery picture, with guidelines, thread colour guide, photographs and ‘tips’ from Bridget, the designer.
You will also need to purchase the Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide Book which will give you step-by-step instructions of each stitch.
A note from Bridget, the designer:
“Butterflies conjure up images of sunshine – the warmth and colour of flowery meadows and summer gardens teaming with life. Transport yourself to this calm and peaceful scene as you embroider this little butterfly.”
Fabric size 330mm x 330mm, embroidered image size H90mm x W110mm
- 2 x ‘crewel’ needles.
- Coloured skeins of Appleton’s crewel embroidery wool thread.
- Linen embroidery fabric.
- Calico backing cloth.
- The pattern or outline design.
- Illustrated guidelines for completing the kit.
Other items needed to complete the kit
- Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide book with step-by-step instructions for the stitches and techniques.
- Water erasable Aqua Pen.
- A seat frame with a 250mm (10inch) hoop or similar frame to hold the work in progress.
- Pair of scissors, a good light and some relaxation time.
This is a follow-on embroidery kit so if you have done a little ‘crewel-work’ before you will be fine with this kit.
Did you know – our embroidery workshops make ideal gifts for budding stitchers or absolute beginners.
Buying lovely things from us directly supports our charitable work, thank you
Your purchase helps us to preserve and exhibit one of the world’s largest community embroideries and in sharing its stories, history and stitches for all to enjoy.