Bramley Hare Embroidery Kit
This Bramley Hare embroidery kit contains the materials to make the embroidery picture of ‘Bramley Hare’, with easy to follow guidelines, thread colour guide, photographs and ‘top tips’ from Bridget, the designer. You will also need to purchase the Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide Book which will explain the process of pattern transfer and give you step-by-step instructions of each stitch.
Fabric size 330mm x 330mm, embroidered image size H210mm x W170mm
- 2 x ‘crewel’ needles.
- 14 coloured skeins British made Appleton’s crewel embroidery wool thread.
- Quaker Tapestry woollen cloth Britain made.
- Calico backing cloth.
- The ‘cartoon’ or outline design.
- Greaseproof paper.
- Hot Iron Transfer Pencil.
- A few strands of DMC embroidery cotton thread for whiskers.
Other items needed to complete the kit
- Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide book with step-by-step instructions for the stitches and techniques.
- A seat frame with a 250mm (10inch) hoop or similar frame to hold the work in progress.
- Pair of scissors, a good light and some relaxation time.
A note from Bridget, the designer:
I like hares, they seem mysterious and yet very mischievous. I began the embroidery kit ideas with some beautiful photographs. I like to draw from photographs so I sketched a few ideas in pencil and experimented with coloured pencils and paint. I decided on a summer meadow location for the Hare because I like the big oxeye daisies (they are easy to embroider too) and the Harebell was an obvious choice because of its name and beautiful colours. The embroidery took me two weeks to complete during the Roadshow in Lisburn, in-between chatting to the exhibition visitors.
This is not a beginner’s kit, but would be suitable for those who have completed one of our Quaker Tapestry kits.
Did you know – our embroidery workshops make ideal gifts for budding stitchers or absolute beginners.