More Freedom Embroidery kit
This More Freedom kit contains the materials you need to make the embroidery picture of the ‘Lady on the bicycle’, with guidelines, thread colour guide, photograph and ‘tips’ from Bridget, the designer. You will also need to purchase the Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide Book which will explain the process of pattern transfer and give you step-by-step instructions of each stitch.
Fabric size 330mm x 330mm, embroidered image size H135mm x W132mm
- 2 x ‘crewel’ needles.
- 10 coloured skeins British made Appleton’s crewel embroidery wool thread.
- Quaker Tapestry woollen cloth Britain made.
- Calico backing cloth.
- The ‘cartoon’ or outline design.
- Greaseproof paper.
- Hot Iron Transfer Pencil.
- Water erasable Aqua Pen.
Other items needed to complete the kit
- Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide book with step-by-step instructions for the stitches and techniques.
- A seat frame with a 250mm (10inch) hoop or similar frame to hold the work in progress.
- Pair of scissors, a good light and some relaxation time.
A note from Bridget, the designer:
This is a popular embroidery workshop kit, possibly because the lady on the bike was designed and embroidered by a child and it is a nice simple design to begin with. I have seen many delightful variations of this kit completed with flowers in the basket, flowers in her hat, cycling through falling autumn leaves, chased by a little dog, a larger basket – complete with newspaper and French loaf…. enjoy adding your own ideas to really make it your own embroidery.
This is a beginner’s embroidery kit. The lettering can be tricky to master so you will certainly need the Quaker Tapestry Stitch Guide Book for step by step instructions with the lettering.
Did you know – our embroidery workshops make ideal gifts for budding stitchers or absolute beginners.