Water Courses: Rivers, Canals, Wildlife, Crafts and People
An anthology of poems and prose, exploring the link between people and waterways, offering a fresh perspective on the importance of place.
We are delighted to announce our new anthology Water Courses: Rivers, Canals, Wildlife, Crafts and People – now available as a free downloadable PDF.
The anthology is collection of writing inspired by an online creative writing workshop in the summer of 2021 entitled ‘Rivers of Kendal’ and facilitated by Geraldine Green, Writer-in-Residence, Quaker Tapestry Museum. This project has been kindly supported by Kendal Town Council as part of our ‘Fabric of Kendal’ project.
“Themes for the workshop evolved into rivers and canals; wildlife who live in, on and around water; crafts and people. It’s always enjoyable for me to do some research around themes and come up with prompts and handouts relating to them. This workshop was no exception and some fine poems and prose pieces grew out of it. So, over to you readers! We hope you get as much pleasure from this anthology as we did in creating it” Geraldine Green
Look out for our upcoming workshops, starting Summer 2022!
Supporting the Quaker Tapestry
- Buy lovely things from us – Our museum shop in Kendal and our online shop are full of fantastic gifts
- Make a donation to our work – Did you know that we’re a registered charity as well as a visitor attraction?
- Plan a visit to the Quaker Tapestry Museum – Encourage others to visit too, you can now book your tickets online
- Book a short break – Stay in our charming onsite Courtyard Flat via Airbnb
- Become a Quaker Tapestry Member – Annual or Life Memberships are available, as well as gifting a Membership